- Positive Programming, Negative Programming & Discounted Programming.
- Optimality Conditions.
- A short introduction to Markov chains for dynamic programming
- Definition, Markov Property, some Potential Theory.
We prove a powerful inequality which provides very tight gaussian tail bounds “” for probabilities on product state spaces . Talagrand’s Inequality has found lots of applications in probability and combinatorial optimization and, if one can apply it, it generally outperforms inequalities like Azzuma-Hoeffding.
- Laplacian; Adjoints; Harmonic fn; Green’s fn; Forward Eqn; Backward Eqn.
- Markov Chains and Martingales; Green’s Functions and occupancy; Potential functions; time-reversal and adjoints.
We show that relative entropy decreases for continuous time Markov chains.
We consider a system consisting of interacting objects. As we let the number of objects increase, we can characterize the limiting behaviour of the system.
In the Cross Entropy Method, we wish to estimate the likelihood
Here is a random variable whose distribution is known and belongs to a parametrized family of densities . Further is often a solution to an optimization problem.